Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Loco!

So I have just come to realize just exactly how busy I have become. Almost everyday I am going, starting at 8:10 every morning and finishing up at 12ish or so every night. Classes, work, basketball games, Bible Studies, Campus Outreach, Homework, and being social all fill my week. And I love it. I feel very accomplished and when I do have down time, it feels so weird. Like I need to do something and siting here just being able to chill is weird. But I too somehow manage to get some good down time. No idea how I am doing it all, but I think I have learned and am still learning the art of balancing life.

Some new opportunities have come my way as well. When I say that I mean some possibilities to study abroad. There is a really cool program called Summit Adventure. It would be a semester of being in California and in Ecuador. Doing ministry, learning skills in the outdoors, building leadership skills, and even having the opportunity to use my spanish. Not 100% sure if that is what I will do, but I am certainly interested. And then since that will not count for my spanish major, I still want to go to Spain. So 2 semesters abroad! That would be fantastic. Its sooooo possible for it to work out, and I sat down with my advisor to talk about it. So its cool to once again be pro-active about going abroad somewhere. The one thing I want to be sure of is that I am going along according to God's will. I have all these plans, but I want it to be apart of what my purpose is. Not just something I want to go off and do because I just want to do it. Ya know?

Can I please say how very much I am falling in love with spanish? Everyday I walk into class, I am becoming more and more confident with it. Man it sure has taken time to learn how to not translate in my head every 5 seconds. And I am STILL learning how to not do that. But I sure have grown. Im excited to see what will happen in the future. I think I have decided that for sure want to travel and translate. Where? No idea still. :)

So life is good. Its just really busy. I still am learning about how vital my quite time with God is. Of course we are ALL learning that. I went to a retreat with Campus outreach this past weekend. It was really good. It certainly got me thinking and thinking about the world, and how much is in it, and how I cannot just sit here. I cant sit knowing that there are so many needs across the world. I feel my calling to go. Where, I dont know. I can honestly say that I thought it was the Czech republic. I think God is not done with me yet there, but I dont know where I will be heading. Maybe its not a certain country, maybe its just a calling to go.

Anyway, this is where I am. As I said last time, I want to fall in love with my creator and His beautiful creation.

The end

No comments: