Monday, February 15, 2010
Where I'm at
Well. I am at a very interesting sport right now. I just have to write. I have to get what is out of my head onto paper, or in this sense out on my blog I guess. So yes, I broke my ankle on Friday playing in the snow. Yes, it hurts, but Im making it. I have been surrounded by so many wonderful people, I could not ask for more. I have never broken a bone in my body before, and so there are many new challenges ahead. I took my first shower today and it was WONDERFUL. :) The cage shower is my new best friend. The handicap shower has a seat and everything I need. Its perfect. I also went to the dr. today. The orthopedic dr that is. And I found out that I have to have surgery. Its a pretty common procedure. Im not too worried about it, but I have mixed emotions at the moment. Im trying to see what God is doing. Im trying to not think what I could be doing, but think of ok so how can I work around this. I cant go upstairs easily, fine, lets make a game out of it. Picking stuff up off the floor and getting it into a bag has become a brain teaser where I have to think how I am going to execute my next move. I will fall a bit behind in my classes, but I need to take my mind think just one day at a time. I can do it. Professors, friends, and JESUS are on my side. It will be ok, and I WILL BE FINE. There are moments of frustration. I just have to learn how to work around those moments. Im happy but searching for joy still. I need Jesus to fill my mind and my heart. And just because of my broken, that hasn't changed any since last week. I just have to get over my silliness and realize how yes this is an inconvenience to my life, but in the big picture, its so tiny. There is always glory to be found in all situations. You just have to find it. Im in that process now. Pray for healing, and for joy finding. :) Im finding it, and in the search of it. God is good, in ALL situations. And there is where I'm at.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment