Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today

I just read an incredibly insightful and inspiring blog of one of my friends. We worry about where our lives are going to be. What we are going to be doing years from now? Where will the Lord take me? WIll I fulfilling my purpose? Fun fact of the day is, we should be thinking more along the lines of, what is the Lord doing right now? To not worry about what tomorrow is going to look like, but think about within the moment, and enjoy every minute of it. A. You will never have that minute back and B. Every minute the Lord gives us breath.

I really liked pondering those thoughts. This summer my "theme" thought you could say was to live like there is no day like today. I have not really been thinking or living like that a lot recently. There is however much truth to that thought. To live in each moment, and to not think about what is to come, really brings the "peace that surpasses all knowledge" that Jesus talks about. How interesting huh?

I think so. :)



1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I love you... and this post. We really don't need to be living in the future so much. God has a plan for our today just as much as he has one for our tomorrow. :) It takes faith to know He will take care of today because that's the time we try to control so much!

:) Love you!!