Coming into my sophomore year I had no idea what to expect. I had a thirst for new adventures, and I knew that I would be so incredibly busy. I was a first year mentor, which was so incredible and I love all of my kids so dearly. I worked my tail off at BOLD learning how to be a better facilitator, and how to be a hard worker. I attempted to invest in my studies, and it paid off, with the most academically rigorous semester yet. I had so much going for me, but the lessons of the summer, I lost my balance. I did not have Jesus at my core, at my center. And I crashed, hard. But I have learned quite recently that when we do crash, because at some point we all will, that we are able to see what we were missing before. I was missing out on the very thing that gave me life. Jesus. I continued on into this semester, longing for something so much more than I was allowing myself to experience. Its funny how easy we believe lies. I have been, and still am caught up in lies other than the promises of my savior. Right now, at this moment, I want pure joy. Nothing temporary, and nothing less than the joy that is found in the Lord.
So folks, I am seeking. Seeking for whats bigger than myself. Life is much better than it has been. And its all because I have begun to allow the one that can calm my soul, that can make me rejoice when all seems wrong, to change my hearts focus.
"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
No comments:
Post a Comment