Translation: Hey guys! I can’t believe that I am here!
After a super long day of traveling, and not sleeping at all, yes I didn’t sleep at all, I finally made it here. Ok so for all you Georgia people you know exactly what I mean when I say this. IT IS SOOOO FREKIN HOT! No joke. Anywhere you go, you sweat. Just a little humidity would be an understatement. I am all settled in to my house for the most part. Ana, mi madre Argentina, is wonderful! She is super nice an things have gone pretty well so far. I ended up having internet, and so usually in the later part of the day/evening I have some time to jump online. Its funny how I have to remind myself that down time and just chilling out in my room at the house is ok. I don’t have to be doing something with people 24/7. BUTTTTT I have met and gotten to hang out with some wonderful people from my program that actually live very close to where I do. So we have our little traveling group, which is wonderful. We are still very much in the process of learning where everything is, and of course learning the language here. Haha. Some of you may have thought my spanish was pretty good. Sure, I have surprised myself because I haven’t had a choice really yo speak English, but oh my gosh talk about a kick in the butt. hahahahahah. But I know after a few weeks things will get easier.
I won’t lie. The first few days/still this week have been hard. A lot harder than I thought they would be. What I mean is I had expected myself to adjust quickly because I have lived abroad before, and this time I even spoke the language. I was putting way to much pressure on myself. Haha I still do. But in those sad and hard feelings I had experienced I realized that The Lord is the absolute only thing that I can cling to. Nothing else. There have been blessings everywhere, and as its been hard to adjust, I’m not alone in that. Today has been wonderful and last night was great too!!!!
Last night was so wonderful because I had the chance to get to know the girls that I have been talking to down here for months about their ministry and getting involved. We chatted for a while and then went to church. Oh my goodness. How beautiful to worship in Spanish. I still couldn´t understand everything, but I got most of it at times. hahaha. I felt so welcomed by the people there it was insane. I LOVED it. I am sooooooo blessed. I look forward to what that holds and what the Lord wants to do in that. Really excited.
One thing that is a HUGE difference between here and home is how people greet each other, even if they don´t know you. And I felt, especially when I was at church last night, that these people are genuine with who they are, and they love to get to know others. LOVVVEEEEE IT!
So things are getting better everyday. I am so not a city person, but am learning to be. I cannot wait to get the chance to go and check out the Andes and the sierras. That will be my fresh breath of air from the city! haha. And I can´t wait for the fall either. It will finally be cooler.
Well alrighty people. Hope all is well! Send me a message and we can chat!
Peace.
1 comment:
I am so happy that everything is going great; you are going to love it! I will be praying for you sister and continually looking for blog posts! Te quiero mucho ché!
Post a Comment