Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Las aventuras siguen

Oh well hello there.

I am almost at the end of week two, and so much has happened since I last wrote. First off I would like to say that I am right on track with trying to write once a week thank you very much. Academically, I am not being to stressed out at the moment, so I can be online at night, but time will soon tell. haha. Things have been going well, and there has been adventure after adventure. Like I said last time, the week had been really hard, but it got better everyday, and now I feel like my life here is finally settling in. I have a solid group of friends forming, and I have seriously enjoyed getting to know them, and am looking forward to knowing them more, and I will hopefully dive head first into the church down here.

Between classes and learning how to build a life here, I am pretty tired. I have found that I LOVE going all day, and then at night, stoping and resting. It works pretty well for me. I still don’t feel like I have a schedule yet, but I know that in time it will come.

My brain is beginning to get all mixed up between languages. Hahah. I had a hard time the other day trying to write a text message in English. I really had to think. And sometimes when I am talking in English, I’ll switch t spanish, and not even realize it. Oh fun fact!!! If you have the new iphone software, I can text for free over wifi! So if you so desire to get intouch with me that way, you certainly can!!!!

Adventures from this week would include getting a gym membership, figuring out how to get to Carlos Paz, the beach, and back, running all over town looking for a towel and a lock for my gym locker, figuring out the bus system, tearing up my toe from my shoes trying to look nice one night, y muchas otras cosas. I still am nowhere near a spanish genius. very far from that actually. Sometimes native people just look at me weird when I try to ask a question. However the other day when I was putting more money on my bus card, the guy said I had a great accent. Hahaha. It was either I really did have a great accent, or my blonde hair caught his attention, which has happened several times here, and it has been quite hilarious. :) Who knows?

The Lord is teaching me a lot. A lot more than I realized. We are going through my heart and working out a ton of different things. There are two things that I continually keep coming back to. 1. There is only one person that can fully handle the weight of my heart and 2. I am not just here for me. The lord has a will for me here, and his will shall be accomplished. I tend to get to caught up in worrying about small details and relying on myself a lot. Then I end up missing out on what is happening around me. But there is so much to learn, and I am.

I miss my community at berry so much sometimes. I am enjoying it here, and I look forward to what is to come, but its so refreshing to get to hear from you guys. I can’t wait to write more in here. This weekend I am off to Mendoza. I FINALLY GET TO BE IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!! A little bit of food for my soul you can say. Praise God. :)

Love to all of you. Until next time!!!!

Peace.

No comments: