Update for the month of October!
|
|
Update on The Journey to Arequipa - October 2015 -
|
|
| Hey everyone! I am so excited to update all of you! |
|
|
|
A slight change of pace...
First of all, please forgive me for not being able to get an update out until now. Beginning in May of this year I began developing odd medical symptoms. Three months down the road I was diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis. This was a result of several vaccinations that I had received in preparations for Peru. Essentially I had a small virus in my spinal cord, and caused me to have to slow down my pace of heading towards Peru. I have had excellent medical care from my Dr. in Atlanta, and praise God I have been recovering well. I have one more follow up appointment in November for an MRI to make sure that I will not have any further issue as I head to Peru.
With this slight medical set back, Jesus has used this season to draw me nearer to Him, and create deeper dependence on Him. It has been difficult to see that the timeline for leaving that I had in mind was not the same as God's. But His timing and plan is perfect. I now will officially be leaving on January 4, 2016.
Once a year all SIM missionaries in Peru gather for The Spiritual Life Conference. This is a time of worship and fellowship for everyone, and this so happens to begin the day that I arrive in Peru. It will be a perfect transition as I will get to meet all the SIM missionaries in Peru and then get settled in. |
|
In other news...
Throughout the duration of my medical issues, I was able to continue to nanny and am still doing that currently as I am raising support. Now that I have made progress with my health, I have been cleared to begin working out at a slow pace. I am so thankful for that because it will be so healthy for me mentally.
|
|
Current Support Needs
With a concrete date of departure, I need to be at 100% of my support by January 4th. I am so blessed by the team of supporters that God has raised up around me and I am thankful for those of you who are walking with me. Currently I have 25% of my monthly support based on monthly givers. My biggest need financially right now is monthly supporters. Please prayerfully consider joining my support team if you have not already.
|
|
|
|
|
- Prayer Requests -
| Pray as I continue to reach out to local churches to consider partnership with me and that my words are not my own. | Pray over rest for my heart and soul with Jesus as I am preparing to leave. | Pray for relationships to continued to be fostered between the Arequipa English ministry students and staff. | Pray for my support team to continue growing and that I reach my 100% goal by January 4th. |
|
- Praises -
| Praise God that my health has improved and that I am able to begin to work out. | Praise God that I now have an official date for departure. | Praise God that His timing is perfect and that I am able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family before I leave in January. |
|
 |
| Click the "Give" button below to set up your monthly, annual, or one time gift. Missionary ID: 042156 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment