I think the quote that I used to tittle this piece was very fitting considering the fact that I am about to enter a new phase of life, from the end of something else. I know my last blog was about a new beginning, so this is somewhat steaming off of that.
Well so here I am about to leave for the Czech Republic on Monday. I never knew that I would ever see that day. I was re-reading this blog a couple of weeks ago, and in one of them I was talking about how frustrated I was with my parents and how they couldn't see why I wanted to go so bad. God is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo faithful.
I don't know if I ever shared the story with a lot of people of how I knew I was going to go back. But I guess this is the best moment to share. Several things happened. We were walking back from a nursing home that we had just visited, and I heard one of my team members talking with the missionary about coming back the next summer. Well that is when my creative juices got going in my head. I was wondering if that would be something that I could do.
Then that night during worship, I felt as if the Holy Spirit was telling me that I was going to be there the next summer. I knew for a fact that it was not myself in my head saying that, I know it was God. Which was strange because I immediately thought of all the obstacles that I would have to overcome.
And two different people at two different times told me I was coming back. The first time was when we were at the church in Zdar for the last time. She said in Czech, " Don't worry, you will be here next summer." And then one of the homeless men that kind of knew who we were, but I had never really talked to told Joanie that he really wanted me to come back next summer. I had never spoken to him, I might have just smiled at him a couple of times. And here he was wanting me to come back.
I never thought in a million years that my dad would allow me to go. But I realized that if this was God's will two things would happen. 1. His will. 2. He would work on my parents hearts according to his plan. Crazy huh?
Now here I am about to start a new chapter in my life. I am excited, scared, nervous, anxious, and have not a clue as to what is going to happen this summer. Whatever does, I will grow in ways that I would have never imagined. I will learn things that I could have not learned anywhere else.
I plan to keep all of you updated by this blog. I don't really think many people read it, but hopefully I will get word out there.
I hope that everyone has a fantastic summer!!!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment